In case you were wondering...
I am not the most stellar athlete…are these leagues right for me?
- Of course! We run recreational social leagues for singles. While we obviously will be playing sports which involves trying to win, we are all here to meet new people and just have a good time. The leagues are just the catalyst for us to get together, but having a drink and getting to know the other players at the league's sponsor bar is the best part!
When is the deadline to sign up?
- Our leagues all have very limited space and sell out every single time for the past 5 years, so registration will close once all spots are taken on the teams. We often close registration several weeks before the first game to get organized, make teams and have our "Get to know your team" Initial Event, so if you'd like to play join right away!
Does my team need to find its own sponsor bar to go to after games?
- Nope! That's the best part about these leagues. The whole point is for us to ALL go to the same place after games to booze and schmooze. We work out great specials for you at our sponsors, and offer free pitchers of beer for most leagues. Don't worry, we've got you covered. We love our S3 sponsor bars, and they will love you.
What is the general age range of participants in this league? I don't want to be the youngest or oldest person there!
- Our league forms teams with participants 22-42 years of age. Teams will be formed with about a 4-8 year age range from youngest to oldest. For example, if you're 28, you might be on a team of 24-28, 25-32 or 28-34 year olds. If you have a preference, just shoot us an email and we'll make sure to hook it up. We also do our best to also have you compete against teams around your age group. While you play with those in your general age group, you will be having a beer with everyone!
I don't live in the city, but I want to play! Can I join?
- Of course you can. There are always players from various suburbs around the Chicagoland area. Come spend some time in the city.
How many single friends can I join with? I may need a wingman/winglady. Or can I join by myself?
- You can join with a couple friends and let us fill your team with new people, or by yourself. 60% of players join by themselves. It's effortless to make friends and meet people in these leagues. We don't want you to join with a huge group of friends though, cuz that kinda takes away from the meeting new people aspect of the leagues. But a small group is okay. If you have a big group, think about splitting up onto a couple different teams. Then you'll meet twice as many new people! Just ask us and we'll make sure you play each other during the season. Full teams are more than welcome to join our new Simply Social leagues! Everyone is welcome to join, but don’t be afraid to sign up with just one friend or even solo.
How are the teams put together?
- By age range and the neighborhood you live in. And friend requests obviously. Half guys, Half girls.
How can I really meet someone and get to know them while playing?
- Great question. The best thing about these leagues are that they really are "more than just a league". After games all teams will head to our sponsor bar to hang out and grab a drink (if we aren't already there playing the league!). We also put a couple extra people on each team so you aren’t playing the entire game and can work you magic from the sidelines. And did we mention our EVENTS? They're AWESOME and are another great way to meet people during the season!
Are there playoffs? I want the trophy!
- There are no trophies guys and gals…But there are playoffs in every league based on season records and every team makes it in. Some leagues have multiple week playoffs, some have a tournament. Ok, so each league does have its own prize, but please don't join just to win. That totally defeats the purpose of these leagues! Winning is just a bonus. Whether your team is good or bad in any league is by random luck of the draw. Remember we're here to have a good time right?
Is there a refund policy? Just in case I move to Bangladesh or something.
- League fees are fully refundable if the player sends an email requesting a refund more than 21 days before the scheduled first game date. Once a request for refund is finalized and a full refund is provided, the player must wait 30 days before re-registering for any league, so only request a full refund if you are absolutely certain that you are unable to play. If you would merely like to switch the league you are signed up for, the amount paid can be directly applied to the other league and if there is a difference in league fees, a refund or additional league fee payment will apply. At or within 21 calendar days of your season's first game date, refunds are not allowed for the following reasons including but not limited to inability to play due to injury, illness, relocation, non-singleness, etc. This is because there are a limited number of places in the league and online registration closes several weeks prior to the mixer event date to prepare for the season. At this time teams are made and finalized. Within 21 days of the first game date and at any time during the season, only replacements that you yourself find are allowed. He/she will have to email us registration information (name, email, phone number, etc), but then pay you directly for what you agree upon for their league fees. He/she will not be allowed to play without submitting this information and without informing the league of this switch. In this situation, all replacements must be of the same gender and around the same age.
There is a chance we will be able to replace you with another interested player, but again this is in no way guaranteed or to be expected. We want all spots on teams filled, so if there are no more places within 21 days of your league's start date and someone wants to play that fits yours spot, we will replace you with that person and provide a full refund minus a $25 player replacement fee for the logistical work (headache) involved in switching you out with another player. League fees are non-refundable regardless of the circumstances at any time during the season. Once replaced during the season, you may not re-enter the current season for any reason.